PE and Sport Premium
Click here for the Department for Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
Primary school PE and school sport: new funding
1. In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
2. Funding will be allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils, including: primary, middle, special and non-maintained special schools, academies and pupil referral units from 1 September 2013. A typical primary school will receive about £9,250 annually in the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15.
3. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
How will we be spending the PE and Sport funding and who will benefit?
At Calow Primary we are investing £1600 of our funding in affiliating to the Chesterfield School Sport Partnership (CSSP). CSSP is passionate about improving the lives of young people, by providing opportunities through Physical Education and Sport. CSSP will provide a core package to support the school in;
· Continuous professional development signposting and support
· Inclusion training and support
· Curriculum support
· Free Loan equipment
· PE and School Sport Audit
· Level 1 School Games (intra-school) support
· Access to Level 2 School Games calendar up to 29 events (inter-school – cluster / district)
· Access to Level 3 School Games events (qualification only)
· Membership of the Derbyshire School Sports Association
Leadership & Volunteering
· Mini Leader programme – training / mentoring
· Bronze Young Ambassador programme
· School Sport Organising Crew development
Club & Community Links
· Signposting to local clubs through competition programme
· Sport specific curriculum support
Talent Identification & Development
· Shooting Stars talent programme
· Teacher, Pupil and Parent workshops
· Midday Supervisor training
· Active lunchtime programme
· Bikeability programme (Y5&6)
· Early Rider Infant cycling programme (KS1)
· Change 4 Life / Physical Activity Hub programme
· Support for schools to achieve School Games Kitemark for PE and Sport
· Cluster and Individual School development through a PE and School Sport audit
· Sharing of good practice through regular PLT/Headteacher meetings at cluster and SSP level (min 3 per year)
· School Sport Partnership Conference (KS1 & KS2 event)
· Youth Sport Trust Introductory membership
· For more information please visit the partnership website www.chesterfieldssp.co.uk
The School has completed an audit of PE, school sport and physical activity to inform how we can further improve our provision. Further details on what we have spent the funding on and the impact will be posted soon.